Over several upcoming sessions of Code & Coffee we will explore The SOLID principles of object oriented design. To facilitate that we have a short intro in a future meeting. Today (9/24/2021) there will be an introduction to a framework for facilitating the learning and exploration.
Feynman technique for problem solving:
- Pick topic
- Write down everything you know in a note book
- Add lots of illustrations and examples
- put it into a rough outline
- Present it
- Are you able to present the topic simply, clearly and correctly?
- If not you have gaps
- Capture questions
- Questions that you are unable to answer are gaps in what you know
- Revisit and revise your notes
- Fill in the gaps discovered in the latest presentation
- Simplify the language and illustrations
- In each iteration you will be able to discover new ways to distill the information and present it more clearly
- Find a new group that you can present the information to and try again.
- List: Richard Feynman and his technique.
- Richard Feynman - Problem Solving Techniques: (I really like this one, it is part of the list, if you only watch one, make it this one)
- Richard Feynman - Computer Heuristics Lecture: (An example of an Nth iteration of him using the technique)
- Trello blog post: Boost Your Leadership Skills With The Feynman Technique